Professor Tofail Ahmed
B.A (Hons) and M. A, Political Science Group ‘B’ Public Administration, Chittagong University.
M.Sc (Econ) and Ph.D, University of wales, UK.
After about forty years in different jobs, Professor Tofail Ahmed joined Britannia University, Cumilla as Vice Chancellor in September 2018 .The services range from teaching in high school to public and private universities, officer and consultant in local Bank to Asia Development Bank and World Bank, jobs in government and autonomous bodies (including BARD, Cumilla) to Local Government Commission and UN organizations like UNICEF and UNDP. He also contributed as Chair, Treasurer and Members of BOT/ BOG in 6 national NGOs and CSOs. Some of his important assignments were as follows:
• Faculty Member, Bangladesh Academy for Rural Development (BARD), Cumilla- 13 years (since 1980).
• Associate Professor and Professor, Department of Public administration, Chittagong University, 13 years ( since 1994)
• Local Governance Adviser, UNDP, Bangladesh- about 6 years (since 2009).
• Head, Politics, Governance and Development, Brac Institute of Governance and Development (BIGD), Brac University-2 years (since 2014).
• Director (Governance), Manusher jonno Foundation, 2 years (since 2016).
• Professor (Adjunct), Department of Political Science and Sociology, North South University-2 years (since 2017).
Professor Ahmed is a celebrated author and researcher. So far, 24 books (both in Bangla and English) and a large numbers of articles have been published in various national and international professional journals. For more detail the webpage: tofailahmed.wordpress.com may be visited.